- Display Award
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers
I want to thank Laurel the Lioness from My Journey into Darkness for nominating me for this award. Laurel is a southern spitfire of a woman who has journeyed through hell and still lives to tell about it. She is a great support and friend and deserves all the love in the world. I personally think she should change her blog name to Laurel Wakes the Lioness, but hey, what do I know. 😉
Seven Facts About Me:
- I’m a commitment-phobe. Yes, really. Even though I was married for 13 years, I am super skittish when it comes to committing in a relationship. I will write a post following this explaining just how and why.
- In elementary school, I used to volunteer to pick up trash on the playground during recess and lunch because I was concerned about littering and I would also get a lollipop. I still do what I can to help take care of the planet we share.
- I love eating cow tongue. It’s called lengua in Spanish. It’s absolutely delicious and tender. Throw it in a flour or corn tortilla and yummy for the tummy! Ha,ha!
- I collect Monster High dolls. Yes, I have a whole trunk full of them in my closet. I also have quite a Bratz collection (the originals, not the new ones that are out now). It’s not as creepy as it sounds. I didn’t get to buy many dolls when I was little because we were kinda poor so whatever Barbies I got were because someone gave them to me. Once I grew up and got a job, I started to relive my childhood and went a little doll crazy. My dad actually likes to buy toys for himself to this day so it’s kinda normal in my family.
- I love writing and sending handwritten letters. There is something intimate about writing your thoughts by hand to someone. I also love receiving them. I think it’s a dying art form.
- My favorite flowers are Stargazer Lilies. They have an intoxicating scent and brilliant color (the pink ones are my favorite). I prefer them over roses. I’m not a traditional kind of girl. My second favorite flower is jasmine but those grow as bushes. I love the smell.
- I used to get made fun of on a daily basis throughout elementary school and into junior high. It was mostly the boys who were mean to me. I had hairy arms (I’m Mexican and pale, it happens) and I was called things like Harry and the Hendersons, Werewolf, etc. Daily. In junior high the boys would talk behind my back. The girls never cared or gave me grief. Now I just shave them, mostly because I have this skin condition that makes my arms bumpy and red if I don’t.
Umm, if anyone has noticed a pattern by now it’s that I don’t really like to nominate people. I’m just weird that way. Please don’t take offense. I tend to bend rules.