I was nominated for this award by my two blogger friends: SurvivedNarc and Michelle. SurvivedNarc is a lovely and supportive friend (also fellow hopeless romantic) who I would just love to travel with because she has been to so many beautiful places and seems like she knows how to have fun. Michelle is my sister from another mother because we both don’t give a fuck what other people say and have low tolerance for bullshit, amongst other commonalities.
Thank you wonderful ladies for this honor. 🙂
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your post of the award.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
1.I’m actually pretty mentally stable. I know, I know, I have my issues. But really, who doesn’t? What matters is if you are functional and healthy within the limits of your issues. Which I think I am because I am aware of my shit, I acknowledge it, and I deal with it. I don’t expect anyone to do it for me and I don’t stuff or avoid it. Dating has helped me have a newfound appreciation of my mental stability because I’ve met and heard of some real institutionals. I mean, there’s your own unique baggage of crazy and then there’s cray,cray.
2. I tend to make up words. I just made up institutionals (people who should be in the mental hospital). I’ve made up lots of words that I cannot think of right now for the life of me, that make total sense to me but are grammatical nightmares and don’t necessarily make sense to other people. I call Valentine “traviesito” which in my head means naughty little one in Spanish but actually doesn’t make any real sense because the proper term is “travieso” which means naughty. People who know Spanish would look at me weird if they heard me saying traviesito. So yeah, I make up shit like that.
3.Most of my early followers already know this, but the first time I kissed a boy was last year in June. I was 33 years old. Because prior to falling in love with my ex-wife, I had never had a boyfriend, much less held hands with a guy or kissed one. I have obviously been “VERY BUSY” since then but how many women can claim that fact?!?! Seriously.
4. I save earthworms from dying. Yes, after it rains, if I see any earthworms squirming away on the cement because the rain has flooded their holes, I will pick them up and return them to a “safe” place, usually grass or a shaded spot so that they don’t get stranded when the sun comes out and fry or get stepped on. I have been doing this since I was a little girl. I might be a bit too empathetic.
5. I have been told that I have a very calming presence. By lots of different people. Men and women alike. Something about my energy draws in and soothes especially anxious people. Little kids are also usually drawn to me too. I was at my nephew’s birthday party in December and this little boy who had never met me, scooted right next to where I was sitting then decided that was not close enough and climbed into my lap and just chilled there. His mom was very surprised.
6. I know lots of random facts about celebrities.
7. I tend to come alive at night. I’m not even close to being a morning person.