I was nominated for this award by my lovely fellow blogger, Megan. Thank you. I absolutely love the friendships I’ve developed with the women I’ve virtually met on WordPress and Megan is one such woman.
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your post of the award.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
Seven facts about myself:
My personality type is INFJ according to the Myer-Briggs Personality Test. I’ve taken it twice, once in college and again as an adult 3 years ago. Same result. It is apparently one of the rarest personality types and the description of it fits me 100%. I tend to get comments like “You’re different” or “I’ve never met someone quite like you before” which often intrigues and surprises people (sometimes intimidates the shit out of them too). Anyone who’s ever made assumptions about or underestimated me is usually proven wrong and becomes an unsolicited fan. I, on the other hand, am extremely hard to surprise and intrigue, given that I’m generally 10 steps ahead and see things from 5 different perspectives as well as tend to see past a person’s wants and into their needs before they are even aware of it.
2. I grew up in a little city in Central California named Delano. It’s a large agricultural area, cultivating produce and materials like grapes, cotton, almonds, etc. It is also the same town where the Hispanic leader Cesar Chavez led the local fieldworkers to picket for better working conditions and wages. My family comes from fieldworkers (my grandparents worked in the fields) and I grew up fairly poor. While I dislike Delano for various reasons, I have so much love and respect for hardworking, impoverished people no matter where they are from. I believe that if we are lucky enough to be blessed in life, it is our responsibility to help those who are less fortunate.
3. I have never broken a bone.
4. I can read upside down and I practice reading backwards when I am waiting in line somewhere while bored. I’ve done this since I was a child, just because I thought it would be cool to learn.
5. By today’s scholastic standards, I would have been considered a late bloomer and would have been held back in school, since I didn’t learn how to read until I was halfway into first grade and I didn’t learn multiplication until fourth grade. Thank God I was in a poor community and it was during the early 90’s. I think I’ve done okay, seeing as I now have a Master’s degree and can read and write decently. I still suck at math. There’s way too much pressure on kids nowadays to perform bigger and better at younger ages.
6. I have never had a boyfriend.
7. I have never been drunk or even buzzed.
I know I’m supposed to nominate 15 other bloggers for this award, but in all honestly, the bloggers I think of either have already been nominated or would hate me for nominating them. So here’s another fact about me that I’ll throw in for free, I tend to be a rule breaker. 😉