The rules of this challenge are as follows:
- Pass the tour on up to four other bloggers.
- Give your nominees the rules and a specific Monday to post.
- Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do. How does my work differ from others in my genre? How does my writing/creative process work? Why do I write or create what I do? What am I working on at the moment?
- Compose a one-time post on a specific Monday (date given from your nominator).
1. How does my work differ from others in my genre?
It’s different because I didn’t realize I wrote poetry until other people identified it as such. I just write how I think. I don’t subscribe to specific poetry writing rules or styles. I’m also really transparent, sometimes painfully so and I will answer questions honestly if just asked. Also, I don’t give a shit as long as I like what I wrote.
2. How does my writing/creative process work?
My mind has a plethora of material all the time probably because I’m always in it. (Imagine that). I’m constantly writing in my head, creating dialogues and observations of my musings, trying on words as though I’m in the dressing room of my favorite clothing store. This is probably a side effect of being a dangerously repressed child that spent way too much time alone in her thoughts with no one to share them with. Books were salvation and the written word nourished my soul. So when I write, it’s simply a physical manifestation of my ongoing thoughts, feelings, and internal experiences.
3. Why do I write or create what I do?
For purely selfish reasons. If I don’t have an outlet for the chaos that wrecks havoc in my mind, my mental health will suffer. That and I enjoy the art of writing. I find the skill of painting an image or emotion with words beautifully alluring, powerful, and mysterious. Plus, the validation of others connecting with my innermost thoughts, the thrill of standing literary naked in front of others and having them praise my nakedness, there’s no better high than that.
4. What am I currently working on?
Life. Actually, I’m really focused on my blog, loving the creative outlet of it and the community. I did start to write a book, a fantasy. I have neglected to put much effort into it as of late, so that is something I will continue to work on. I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself, lest that suck the fun out of it, but I do realize I’m a bit of a procrastinator and if left to my own devices, I’ll sit on this idea forever. Or at least until my death bed.
Seeing as I have no idea who to nominate without annoying the hell out of them, I will let it die here. Ugh, I know, what a kill joy. But Babe, you will have your post on the 15th. Cross my heart and hope to die. Stick a needle in my eye.